Residence Permits of Category Visitor
Residence permit of category Visitor is valid for 1 year and can be renewed on an annual basis. Under this permit its holder has a right to live in Cyprus on a temporary basis without rights to work or engage in any form of business in Cyprus. If being a holder of a residence permit of category Visitor one stays outside Cyprus for a period of more than 3 months, this permit is automatically cancelled.
The following documents are generally required in order to apply for a residence permit of category Visitor (for informational purposes only, not a legal advice):
1. Copy of valid passport or other travel document with validity of at least three 3 months from the date of the submission of the application.
2. Copy of valid passport or other travel document with validity of at least 3 months from the date of the submission of the application.
3. Copy of the passport or other travel document, indicating the last arrival in Cyprus and the relevant visa (if applicable).
4. Original letter of guarantee issued by a bank in Cyprus with validity of 10 years covering possible repatriation expenses. The amount defined in the letter of guarantee depends on the country of origin.
5. Certificate of Health Insurance for medical care that covers inpatient and outpatient care and transportation of corpse (Plan A). We can assist in advising of a Certificate of Health Insurance that is adequate for the Migration Department.
6. Copy of birth certificate of applicant’s child and marriage certificate (if applicable). We can assist in translating of these documents into Greek.
7. Title deed or rental agreement of a house/apartment duly certified by the relevant president of the community (mukhtar). We can assist in this certification requirement.
8. Proof of stable or adequate income deriving from sources abroad (i.e. pension, bank account's statement, interest from deposits, dividends, rental agreements etc).
9. Certificate from a banking institution in Cyprus or a bank account statement proving swifts from abroad. It is advisable to have on a bank account a sum counting on the basis of € 10000 for an adult and € 5000 for a child.
For a consultation contact us at 00357 70000771 or fill out our contact form.